Heathfield Primary School – South Ayrshire Council
South Ayrshire Council have a vision to minimise the impacts of climate change and to become more sustainable, and have produced a Carbon Management Strategy and Implementation Plan. As part of this drive to reduce carbon emissions within buildings across their property portfolio, the cognitive technology of CircoSense was identified as a potential energy saving technology.
CircoSense was installed in Heathfield Primary School in October 2016, and underwent a trial period to prove the savings which could be achieved across the site. The CircoSense unit has integrated hour run counters within the device to assist the measurement and verification process.
Upon the conclusion of the trial, it was established that the CircoSense3000 had resulted in average savings of 35.4% on the cost of heating direct hot water across the site. In addition, the CircoSense units reduced the annual carbon emissions at the site by 5.6 tonnes.
Ian Hill, Senior Energy Officer at South Ayrshire Council, stated “We are pleased with the levels of savings at Heathfield Primary School, as well as the reduction in carbon emissions at the site.”
How the savings were calculated at Heathfield Primary School:
- Reading of integrated hour run counters on day one of trial
- Reading taken after two-week baseline period, during which CircoSense unit is on “Bypass” mode to
learn system usage
- CircoSense unit changed from “Bypass” to “Active” and begins to reduce energy usage
- Final reading taken after two weeks on “Active” and compared to baseline period
Key Facts & Figures
- ‘Proof of Concept’ installation
- 1 unit installed
- 35.4% reduction in gas consumption for direct hot water
- No disruption to the school
- 5.6 tonnes carbon reduction
For more information on CircoSense and its energy saving technology, call us on 0333 320 1000 or contact us using the form below.
Please visit our case studies page for more examples of clients who have saved money and energy by installing CircoSense.